The way you manage risk is special.
EDS makes it scalable.
Integrate risk into your investment process.
Investors are demanding more from their risk systems, but today’s platforms are inflexible and siloed. EDS breaks free of the traditional mold to provide a modern approach to risk: “a best-in-class” platform, robust configurability and the ability to maximize risk processes through deep integration with idea generation and portfolio construction.
With EDS, your team is more prepared and proactive:
Asset selection (alpha) vs. common factors (growth, momentum, size, leverage, quality, macro, industry, etc.)
Risk and return attribution across any model, index, sector, strategy, portfolio manager, analyst, etc.
Reporting that is configurable and able to handle multiple portfolios, asset classes & indices.
Add MSCI Barra Factors, ESG, Crowding and/or any vendor to EDS.
A dedicated quant team assigned to your account.
Collaborative dashboards that perform competitive and scenario analysis across multiple methodologies, instantly.
Integrated With You
Where many risk systems are siloed, EDS’s integrated risk dovetails seamlessly with idea generation and portfolio construction.
Simulation And Optimization
Simple, powerful simulation and optimization makes risk analytics valuable for PMs and analysts as well as risk officers.
Dissect your portfolio to understand drivers of performance (before and after the trade) at a granular level, including intra-day analysis to see what’s driving the markets.
SIMULATION AND OPTIMIZATION
- Simple, one-click simulation/optimization – not just for risk officers anymore – ideal for analysts, traders and PMs.
- Change positions/factors and simulate portfolio impact across any metric (factors, sectors, volatility, etc.).
- Add multiple variables and rules to the simulation/optimization engine.
- Create and save multiple strategies, with mock portfolios based on outcomes (higher rates, lower oil, trade tariffs).
- Isolate changes in exposure down to the analyst or stock level across any timeframe.
Leveraging risk for better idea generation and portfolio construction
- Add factor exposure as a criteria for new ideas.
- Know exactly what you are buying, before it goes into the portfolio.
- Utilize multiple factors and metrics in position sizing.
- Are trading decisions helping performance.
- How does performance change when we reduce or raise our internal earnings estimates or price targets.
- Which teams are contributing or detracting from performance and why.
- How much of our risk comes from things we don’t control.
EDS provides risk, return and behavioral analysis that goes far beyond typical solutions.
Modern Risk and Return Attribution
EDS provides a holistic approach to attribution.
- Understand how each strategy, position or team member is impacting the portfolio across any time-frame.
- Isolate and optimize your risk & return across multiple macro, industry and individual style factors.
- Monitor the return & risk that comes from asset selection vs. common factors.
- Intra-day analysis can show you what is driving the markets.
- Include all cash activity (inflows/outflows), positions & trading activity, investment decisions, inputs and internal/external data inputs.
Leading Providers and Funds rely on EDS
Our partners include Northern Trust, Factset and MSCI. Our customers include leading Hedge Funds and Asset Managers, including marquee Tiger Cubs, Citadel Spins, Point72 Alums, as well as Former Maverick, Viking and Bernstein Teams. All are available as references.