Reducing vendors and leveraging technology
Global, BlueMountain/Bridger Spin with $1B in AUM
Vendor creep, ineffective solutions, compliance and data management, spiraling costs, etc.
- The COO is the driving force of improving efficiency in the “Back Office”.
- Now, leading COOs are adding “Operational Alpha” to the “Front Office” too, as they evaluate a new generation of tools & platforms that improve business processes, consolidate vendors, and support decision-making for investment teams – helping the firm become more profitable & scalable.
- Fund had to manage multiple vendors, each with its own tools and limitations – the tools were not flexible to their needs and were expensive, making the role of the COO difficult, as he struggled to constantly improve business and investment processes.
The EDS Platform
A high performance, easy-to-use and configurable workflow solution built around their operations, investment & risk processes – implemented quickly and at a lower cost than their current solutions – consolidating vendors, streamlining processes, centralizing data, improving compliance and providing valuable efficiencies and feedback for the investment team. And all supported by a highly experienced team of former investment professionals / quantitative analysts
With EDS, the COO was able to drive exceptional value to the fund:
- Significantly reduced vendor count with a long-term goal to reduce it to one vendor.
- Saved fund money (over six-figures), while providing a higher performing and more configurable solution to the operation and investment teams.
- Improved compliance processes by centralizing their investment data in an easy-to-use, high performance platform with rapid search capabilities.
- Identified additional areas of possible synergies, including portfolio construction and performance attribution.
EDS helps you measure and improve your investment process – making it easy to analyze where your team succeeds and where the blind spots are.
Keeps all Intellectual Property (IP) in-house.
Creates accountability & transparency within the investment team
Efficiency & Automation
Aggregated all data (including codifying internal intelligence) into one platform, making evaluating the data and ideas much easier and faster.
Consolidating into one vendor and system reduced HF’s overhead.
HF did not have to hire additional personnel.
Leading Providers and Funds rely on EDS
Our partners include Northern Trust, Factset and MSCI. Our customers include leading Hedge Funds and Asset Managers, including marquee Tiger Cubs, Citadel Spins, Point72 Alums, as well as Former Maverick, Viking and Bernstein Teams. All are available as references.